In this age of high-performing information technology (IT), security for your business and customers is highly important!
What are the Benefits to Your Business of an IT Audit?
Identification of IT Weaknesses:
Identifying IT general control weaknesses will provide you insight into your overall level of security.
Specific recommendations are provided to result in decreased exposure to threats and to close identified control gaps. Typically the top 2-3 recommendations are no or low cost fixes!
You will enjoy increased visibility in ROI and performance of outsourced IT services and vendors.
Setting the Course for Continuous Improvement:
The audit will provide a baseline for continuous improvement of IT general controls and services.
Lower Insurance Premiums:
Reduced premiums from your insurance provider are often achieved after having an IT security assessment performed.
What is Involved in an internal IT Security Audit?
Whether performing a general IT Control Review, Service Provider Assurance or a Threats and Vulnerability
Assessment, we will:
- Identify potential threats from malicious insider or outsider hacker that could cause a reportable data breach resulting in fines, State action, and/or reputational damage and potential loss of proprietary data and competitive advantage.
- Assess area of vulnerability related to software and hardware applications, providing you with the details needed to make appropriate decisions to mitigate risk and decrease exposure to threats.
- Validate that protected data meets the requirement of Michigan law (Section 445.72) as it relates to encryption of residents’ personal information.
- Validate that hardware and software is appropriately patched and supported by the vendor, should a business critical process depend on one of these systems.
- Determine if network and Wi-Fi access points are appropriately restricted.
- Work with your current IT provider, who typically focuses on managing systems, to maximize and optimize your IT functions.
For more information on IT Security Audits, please contact: