A Staff Accountant position at MRPR will encompass both attest and tax engagement responsibilities. MRPR clients are small and medium size businesses in a wide variety of industries. The successful candidate, as a member of the MRPR team, should exhibit the willingness to learn and also strive for high standards of professional and social ethics while becoming familiar with the Firm’s policies and procedures.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to, application of accounting principles and auditing procedures, understanding regulatory and legal requirements, preparation of support work papers, and preparation of tax returns (individual, corporate, partnership, fiduciary and other).
While assisting senior accountants and management on a variety of engagements, this person should demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment. Also, a Staff Accountant will progress professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam.
A staff accountant will report to the Senior/Manager/Principal in charge of the engagement.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- 150 hours of college credits, preferred
- Entry-level, or
- Up to two (2) years of prior work experience in a public accounting firm
- Actively studying for the CPA exam or
- Passed CPA exam and waiting out experience requirements
- Microsoft Office products
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly motivated
- Eagerness to learn
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently