Financial Advisory Solutions for
Business Strategies To Help You Move The World
The transportation industry has faced many challenges over the years and yet somehow keeps on trucking. But your company needs to do more than survive if it's going to grow and remain a stable entity for years to come. You need a team of business advisors and accountants who can help you tackle the issues of today while laying a solid foundation for a better tomorrow.
We can help you:
- Improve cash flow so you can pay competitively and build a reputation as a solid employer
- Stay compliant with government regulations impacting transportation companies
- Navigate the new proposed leasing standards and subsequent reporting changes
- Maintain and negotiate so that you are financially in compliance with your lender.
- Minimize headaches around fleet acquisition and driver retention
- Keep better records so you're an attractive loan candidate
- Realize more tax savings through better tax planning
Going The Extra Mile Since 1974
We understand the unique challenges you face because we've been partnering with transportation and logistics companies nationwide for nearly fifty years. We offer comprehensive accounting and business advisory services to help you lap your competition and accelerate organizational growth. Whether you're a Michigan-based trucking company or you're located on the other side of the country, we can work remotely with your team to get you on the road to success.
A Roadmap To Reach Your Goals
Transportation companies are complex. It's more than just driving from location A to location B. There are logistics well beyond just your drivers and your fleet. Accounting is the same. While most companies focus on the basics –tax planning, bookkeeping, and payroll–your business needs big-picture thinking so you can quickly respond to real-time challenges and while remaining grounded and poised for future growth.
Who We Work With:
- Multi-truck operations
- Third-party logistics providers (3PL)
- Over-the-road trucking companies
- Freight forwarders
- Public warehouses
- Oil & Gas
How We'll Help Your Business:
- Analyzing your margins/cost including financial data
- Providing complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting
- Navigating through the stages of growth & funding
- Creating custom solutions that are tailored to your needs
- Leveraging the strength of our partnerships in supporting services such as legal and payroll
- Positioning you for growth at a pace that makes sense
Transportation-Focused Accounting & Business Advisory Services
Here are our most-requested accounting services for transportation and logistics companies:
- Business Entry Selection
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements (VDAs)
- Interstate Sales and Use Tax Exemptions
- Performance Measurement & Benchmarking
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
Are you leaving money on the table?
Every year thousands of taxpayers overpay on taxes. Download our list of 21 Most Overlooked Tax Deductions and Credits to find out if you're losing money.
What Our Customers Have to Say
"We're looking to double in revenue and size in the next 2 years, and we need someone we trust to help us get there . Working with Maureen has helped us stay focused on our business, because we know she has our accounting handled."
Sarah SmithVP SmartLogic